worth it 3/13/23

Well folks, this is it. 
Country roads really did take me home. John Denver got it right, my mission has been the closest to heaven I've ever been. And I can't believe it's almost over.  

It feels like just yesterday I was sitting in the MTC and they told me that in 18 months I would have served a mission. And now here we are. CRAZY!

Someone told me once that your mission service is a lot like a painting. You get in the mission field, they hand you a blank canvas, some brushes, and say "paint". 18 months later and I'm looking at my masterpiece. 

And this week I will sign my name.

But the best part is that as soon as I step off that plane, I'll have a new canvas, some brushes, and it will be time to paint once again :)

I just have to say that I am BEYOND grateful for my mission, it taught me to paint! It has changed my life, and it has changed me.

I was reading in Alma 26 this week where Ammon is reflecting on his mission. At one point he goes over what would have happened "if we had not come", so I imagined the same scenario. 

If I had not come on my mission, I would not have met some of the most influential people of my life. I would not have felt the indescribable joy of living for the gospel each and every day. And most of all, I would have not known and understood the love of my Savior in the way that I now do. Because I came on my mission, I know Jesus Christ. And I love Him more than anything else. And with that I feel ready to take on the world. 

The last 18 months have been the hardest, happiest, most painful, joyful, longest, shortest, CRAZIEST time of my life. I've been ripped apart and molded and shaped and refined in so many ways. And in the midst of the growth I found my love for the Savior. And I found that while life with Him is not easy, life with Him is LIFE. It's abundant. It's the most 18 months I've ever lived. And it was so worth it. 

In all of the many moments, it was worth it. Because I found my Savior. The one who looked down on me and decided I was worth it. And I will spend the rest of my days telling people about Him. 
 I love my Savior, and I love all of you! I can't wait to see you so soon 

♡ Sister Petty :)



☆ happy everyday 

☆ MLC

☆ THE Passics!!

☆ Sister Smith :)

☆ Eric & April!

☆ happiness in the burg- such a hype district!!

☆ my bestie SISTER LEFEVRE!

☆ gonna miss this district :*)

☆ Josh & Anna!

☆ Waterfall hike with the sisters, too fun!

☆ DINNER WITH BROTHER MANN

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23