HI I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY! March 21, 2022
Hey everyone! Fun fact, this is the third weekly email I have written today, and every single one of them has deleted. So if this one doesn't work I'm giving up, hahaha.
But this week has been super good! We got to do a lot of knocking, with varying levels of success. The ones that don't work out are usually pretty exciting, though! We had a fully nude man come to the door and say "I'm neked! Fixin to take a bath! Come back later." It might be a little awkward to come back another time, but hey! I can be awkward for Jesus :)
We met some other people while knocking who were SUPER interested! One lady had actually read the Book of Mormon before and she LOVED it! She literally jumped for joy, hahaha. Her and her sister came to church with us yesterday and it was an absolute party!! They brought a 2 year old with them, and there are definitely not that many kids in our branch... so people weren't quite sure how to respond to a little boy running up and down the pews during the meeting, hahaha. But there were so many members who stepped up and showed so much love and support, it was awesome!!
Some people didn't handle it quite as well, but they still tried. Our ward mission leader, for example, came up to us at the end and said, "those sunbeams are going to start WWIII!" and I think he might be on to something! Look out world, the primary kids are here to take over!
But one thing I really learned this week was how much God loves!! He loves all of His children, the ones running down the pews, the ones stepping forward with coloring books and candy, and even the ones who have absolutely no idea how to handle it and want to rip their hair out. God's love is big enough to cover you wherever your at and whatever your problem may be. He meets you where you are and loves you as you are, and if you take His hand He can help you become more than you ever thought you could be :)
I'm so grateful that I got to learn that lesson this week, and I'm grateful that I got to write about it three different times! I actually learned something different each time I went back to talk about it, so maybe that's what I needed. The longer I looked the more perspective I got on HOW God was in my story this week. Maybe you can try that too!! Keep looking for God's hand, because it absolutely is there! In so many ways. The more you look the more you will find it :)
I hope y'all have a great week! And just a warning, if you are grossed out easily (like my mom), skip the last picture :) Okay, love you guys so much!! PEACE!
-Sister Emma Petty
1. Jenny drove us, and we thought we were gonna die... She almost hit 3 deer and was SO close to driving us off the road. But it's okay guys, we lived.
2. I caught a fish!!
3. St. Patrick's day!! If you like our outfits you should have seen our Irish Jig!!
4. The Relief Society Birthday Party!!
5. Guess what's in the bag...
6. You got it! A RACOON!! We found it on the side of the road and thought it would be a good idea to skin it... it was not. He was rotting. I have had so many nightmares about racoons since, and I think the smell is haunting me. NOT WORTH IT (That's beenn our motto this week, haha)
![]() |
| Jenny drove us, and we thought we were gonna die... She almost hit 3 deer and was SO close to driving us off the road. But it's okay guys, we lived. |
![]() |
| I caught a fish!! |
![]() |
| St. Patrick's day!! If you like our outfits you should have seen our Irish Jig!! |
![]() |
| The Relief Society Birthday Party!! |
![]() |
| Guess what's in the bag... |






Comments
Post a Comment