lasting discipleship 10/2/2022
HI EVERYONE!!
This week was super good, other than the two times we got flashed :/ But it's okay, our neighbor has curtains now!
But you wanna hear something crazy?? I was set apart as a missionary exactly one year ago today. That blows my mind. It has been the shortest, craziest, hardest, longest, best year of my life. And I never want it to end. I can't even begin to describe the joy I have found in serving my Savior over the last year.
I'm so grateful for the change that has come in this time. In the last year I have learned so much about Jesus Christ- I've learned things I wouldn't have learned any other way. There is nowhere else I would rather be right now. But I don't want to give Jesus Christ just 18 months, I want to give Him my life!!
We're not just looking to be good missionaries, good disciples for a limited time, we're seeking LASTING DISCIPLESHIP here! I don't need to be a full time missionary forever (even though I used to think so, haha) Instead I can walk forward with my testimony, in full confidence that God is in the next step. He's ahead of me in my story, and He's ahead of you in yours :) He won't let you fall.
We don't need a nametag to bear His name. The call doesn't end in 18 months or 2 years, the plan is so much bigger than that! We get to keep being the person God designed us to be, and we get to start today- right here, right now, right where we are.
Yesterday President Nelson taught that to rest means to take time with the Lord. Don't take a break from the gospel!! Instead pursue the real happiness it brings :)
Before my mission I was lost. In the last year I found my way- in Him. And I'm telling you, I have never been happier. I'm not going to let that end in 6 months when the tag comes off! And I hope wherever you're at as you're reading this, that you decide to chase that happiness in your life as well. It's not too far off, He's sitting right next to you!
Just hear Him :)
I love you all so much, and I know how loved you are by our Savior- please never forget that! Have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty
-
![]() |
| Fun sunset picture with me and S. Collotzi! |
![]() |
| Run on the Dick and Willie trail, rip |
![]() |
| We got excited when we found out we were both staying another transfer and we may or may not have broken the light... |
![]() |
| Our stick bug. We named him Skcits :) |
![]() |
| Skcits got out onto the ceiling |
![]() |
| Skcits went on a little drive |
![]() |
| Skcits walked right under my foot |
![]() |
| We broke into our friends house to set up conference for her to watch, hehe |









Comments
Post a Comment