grand simplicity !! 3/6/2023
Wow. Crazy week. Let me tell you some stories :)
This little old lady came to church in a bright orange jumpsuit and had me touch the squishy lump on her back. At first I was disturbed, then she looked me in the eye and told me it was a sugar glider. And then she pulled it out of her shirt in the middle of the chapel. So then I was a different kind of disturbed. Really nice lady though!
Also, this week I got to go on exchanges to Peterstown!! I got to see so many of my favorite people, it was so much fun! I saw Brother Mann and he told me that he almost got killed by a falling tree that day, and the fact that he's still alive was evidence that God is looking out for him. If anyone can see the hand of the Lord it's Brother Mann :)
Another super exciting thing- we had a member bring his friend, Kai, to church this week! Kai is so cool. He's here on a student visa and he wasn't raised with a Christian background, but he was so open and willing to learn! The amount of faith he has is seriously so amazing to me! He came to a church activity that night and we were able to teach him about God and our relationship with him. It was one of the coolest lessons I've had on my mission- seeing someone start to understand that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them. Pretty amazing.
In that moment I realized the power of a simple testimony. God doesn't need us to be so elaborate! I think some of His happiest moments are when we struggle through a scripture we don't know how to pronounce, or when we bow our head to say a simple prayer. Because we're trying :) God loves our learning! And watching that on my mission has been one of my favorite parts, too :)
In my mission the departing missionaries are asked to leave a written testimony before they fly home, and I've been procrastinating writing mine for some time now. It just feels so final! And I feel like I need to leave some grand testimony that blows everyone's mind away, but then I realized that the most grand thing I can say is that Jesus is real.
That simple truth is the most grand of all. It's the most powerful testimony I can leave, and I am ETERNALLY grateful for my mission for teaching me that.
Jesus is real, yall. I've found Him these last 18 months. And I love Him more than I knew I was capable of loving. I can't wait to see you soon and talk more about it :)
I love you all, have the best week!
♡ Sister Petty :)
(PS, here's some dates for yall! I fly home March 17th and my homecoming talk will be March 26th! I would LOVE to see yall there! Let me know if you need more details!)
Pictures!
![]() |
| my bestie Sister Hamilton :) |
![]() |
| SISTER KNIPE THE CUTEST HUMAN EVER |
![]() |
| Found some cinnamon rolls that Sister Humphreys, Sister Smith, and I made in Peterstown last year... yikes, haha |
![]() |
| DQ with some of my favorite people, Bill & Cherad |
![]() |
| exchanges with THE Sister Rowley! |
![]() |
| BROTHER MANN! |
![]() |
| COOPER, IZZY, AND TERA! Man, love this family! |
![]() |
almost heaven, am I right?? |








Comments
Post a Comment