towards the light 2/20/23

 Hey yall!! Hope you're having an AMAZING day so far! And if it's not amazing yet then I hope you go change that :)


You guys wanna know what my weekly goal was this week?? To FAIL! 

And before you think I'm just giving up, hear me out real quick- I don't want to be controlled by a fear of failure!! I want to go forward with faith! And I want to ALWAYS try- even if I fail the first couple times :)

And yall, I did so good at this goal! The week was full of MANY fails, hahaha. But for real, as soon as I accepted that failure was a part of living I became so much more excited to try new things and to stretch myself! So that's been a party :)

And I learned something about failure and success last pday- we went hiking through a cave! And that is the first time I really experienced true darkness. The whole time into the cave all I could think about was how much further we were getting from the light... and how hard it would be to get out. Seriously yall, it was an intense hike. I'm talking army crawling through holes and hurdling rocks while dodging others...

But the coolest thing happened! The moment we turned around I wasn't worried about the darkness anymore- my mind was completely focused on the light! I couldn't see it yet, but I knew I was getting closer and I felt hope replace the fear. No matter how hard the path was getting back, I was going towards the light 

So I don't think life is so much about never failing- it's just about going in the right direction :) when that is our main intention then God can work with our little choices. He can fill our soul with light even as we sit in the dark!

But here's the thing- you have to let Him. No one can make you turn around, no one can change your path except you! Conversion, like President Nelson says, is an individual matter. It's up to you :)

I hope and pray that none of us stop at testimony- but that we choose to be converted. It's not enough to know something is true, if we want it to change our life then we need to let that testimony affect how we act, how we live, who we are.

But it's up to us. Individually. We can choose to turn around and head toward the light. 

On my mission I have learned what it's like to live in the light, and I want you all to know that it's brought me a happiness I couldn't find anywhere else! The light is real. No matter how deep you are into the cave or how dark it feels, I know the second we turn around light comes in. 

So turn around :)

I love you all! Have the best week!

♡ Sister Petty 

Pics!!


 cave selfies!! Pre bat zone and army crawl experiences...

seriously, it was an epic cave

out of the cave and we didn't lose anyone! But it was close, haha

 Valentines charcuterie board 

testimony meeting with the cutest sisters!

 I got to spend the day with the cutest Sister Jeffrey :)

testimony meeting pt 2- more cute Sisters!

 face masks with Sister Orton- she's the coolest

 comp study yuh

 Sister Hamilton and I have way too much fun :)

 we ate tacos every single day this week- sometimes multiple meals in a row! So I guess you could say we are thriving :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23