the things that come between 1/30/23

 HELLO YOU AMAZING PEOPLE! I hope you've had the best week :)


There have definitely been a lot of highs and lows this week- one high is that our friend Armani is on date to be baptized!! We are so so excited for her, and she is so so excited too!! But we've also had days and days of knocking with no success... and that is hard. 

But those highs and those lows have made me think a lot about happiness. Because we really can be happy in both the highs and the lows of our life!! And all the middle parts too!

D&C 78:19 says, "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious" Notice how it said all things. The highs and the lows- and even the in between middle parts! We can be thankful for all of them :)

I truly believe that a thankful heart is a happy heart. When we show gratitude for all things in our lives we have a lot more happiness, despite the situation!

So I took some time to see where I'm lacking in my life. To see where my heart might not be the most thankful, and to see what might be coming in between me and my happiness.

I was surprised to realize that I let a LOT of small things stop me from being happy. But if I want to truly walk the Saviors path and feel the kind of happiness He feels, then I need to set aside all the things that might come in between!

In between me and happiness, between me and God's will, between me and the Savior.

I'm letting go of what might come between. 

And closing that gap has allowed me to come SO much closer to Jesus Christ. And it's allowed me to feel so much happier every day. 

So this week maybe you can think about the things in your life that have come in between you and what's important to you. And then let them go. It's worth it, I promise.

Have a great week! I love you all!

♡ Sister Petty :)

Picture time!!


toured the catholic church with our district

the elders didn't like it as much as we did...

library comp studies with the cutest companion :)

 ran into the Vinton Sisters at Walmart 💛

Last District Council :(

Chuck-Ful-A with LACEY!!

our cat pal "trio"- he went tracting with us for legit 2 hours, haha. Kinda freaked people out sometimes...

 tracting with Sister Meik! Photo taken moments after a rat almost fell off a roof onto my head :)

 pickleball with the coolest ward!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23