Progressing to Perfection 2/13/23

 Happy Monday everybody!! Hope yall are partying it up today!


This was a MEGA hype week! We've been go go going and I LOVE it. I'm just so pumped to use up every last second of my mission :)

But first off- let me tell you about my super scary experience this week!! I have honestly never come so close to death in my entire life. 

It all started with a squirrel. I thought I could catch it, so I ran at it full speed!! Right when he was within my reach I had the thought cross my mind of "what happens if I DO catch it?" And I think that squirrel had the same thought because then he started chasing ME. It was so terrifying and I am now so scared of squirrels, hahaha. 

So if you're wondering how much I've changed on my mission- know that I'm still making stupid decisions like chasing wild animals. I'm still me :)

With that said, I also want to recognize that I have for sure changed on my mission! In too many ways to count!! The person I was when I hugged my family goodbye is not the person I am today. I'm changed :)

Sometimes I look at that and wish I could go back to the start of my mission and take this change with me- so I could do more. Be more. 

But then the spirit taught me something so cool this week- God doesn't wait until we are perfect to use us. 

The other day we had a lesson with our friend Natasha and the spirit was there so strong! I felt like a Book of Mormon missionary- it was incredible! Through my mission my teaching skills have improved and I am a much more effective missionary. As we were leaving the lesson, though, I realized that I had that same spirit in my very first lesson as a missionary. I may not have been as polished, but the spirit was there to testify from the beginning- because I was doing my best.

My best has changed. And I hope it continues to change! I'm glad I'm a better missionary now than I was! 

But wherever my best is, I know He reaches my reaching. I'm learning to reach a little farther every day, but I believe in a God who can get to where I am no matter the distance 

We may not be perfect right now, but there's something about the learning. 

God delights in our progress as we keep our sights set on perfection. And I know someday we can make it there as we follow in the footsteps of He who was and is truly perfect. I'm so grateful for a Savior who loves us and uses us where we are, and helps us get to where He is! And I hope I can work every day to get closer to Him :)

I know Jesus is real. And that knowledge right there is what has changed me these last 18 months, and I know it will continue to shape me into the disciple He needs me to be. 

He can do the same with you when you reach out. Promise :)

I hope yall have the best week!! Love ya tons!

♡ Sister Petty :)

Pictures!!


 tracking :)



nerf gun war with the best district!!


 some of us may have taken it too seriously...


 just us getting sick from staying up till midnight EVERY day, haha

we love having a church on every corner 


 I GOT TO SEE THE PETERSTOWN CHURCH AGAIN! And also stop by Jenny's house :) that was the best :)

 exchanges with these cute Sisters 

 ask us how we feel about getting caught in the rain...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23