☆ the voice of hope ☆ 1/2/2023
Happy 2023 everybody! Holy, that year flew by!!
This week has been another good one for sure :) we had a couple solid days of good contacts and lessons, and we had a couple harder days but it's all good because God was there for all of it!
This week I've been focusing on listening to the voice of the spirit over the voice of the world. Sometimes I have random thoughts that seem totally irrational to me, but I've been working on following every good thought even when I'm scared I look crazy, haha, and we have seen so many miracles from that!
The other day we went out to lunch and we asked this lady if we could sit next to her! Kind of a weird idea, but she ended up recognizing the church and we had a really long talk about family history, and we were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation and give her a Book of Mormon! HUGE miracle! It was really cool to see that a small random thought could lead to such a blessing.
Miracles happen when we choose not to rationalize the spirit!!
I've thought about that experience and that idea a lot. About listening to the voice of hope over the voice of reason. It might not always make rational sense, and it can be hard to see where the blessings will come in our trials, but I would rather listen to the voice of hope than the voice of doubt.
There is joy that comes in getting your hopes up! There is joy in expecting miracles. The 'endure to the end' part of the gospel? That's joy :)
Even when life doesn't turn out the way you might have planned, there is still a reason to listen to the voice of hope. Because that's Jesus Christ's voice.
"And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." -Moroni 7:41
We hope in eternal life, and that is so much bigger than our current trial. And remember, eternal life is knowing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! (John 16:3) so maybe that's where this trail is taking you- closer to Jesus Christ. To the very thing you hope for. Hope is never lost :)
I love you all! And I hope you choose to listen to the voice of hope this week, no matter the odds! Let me know how it goes :)
♡ Sister Petty :)
-
![]() |
| look how cute Sister Meik is!! |
![]() |
| our cute Sister Castro |
![]() |
| new years eve, woop woop! |
![]() |
| we tried octopus... |
![]() |
| yep, I don't know if I would recommend lol |
![]() |
| keep christ in Christmas, except Sister Meik says I'm the grinch lol |
![]() |
| tracting, yay! |



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment