fight for your conversion 1/16/2023
Ok yall- not that I'm counting down or anything, but I realized this week that I have 2 months left. That's it. And I have so many mixed feelings about it.
First off, I know it's all okay because you don't stop being a disciple when you take of the tag. But I've been reflecting a lot this week about my mission story and the things I've learned. So take a trip down memory lane with me, will ya??
I remember being 2 months into the field- feeling like I hadn't even made a dent! It was all so new, and the future felt so open! I had a whole book of empty pages in front of me! And now my book is coming to a close. The stories of my mission are mostly written. I'm on the final pages now
I studied the stories of Alma the Younger, Peter, and the Wiseman this week. Their stories differ wildly- Alma, a boy who discovers repentance and changes from wicked to righteous. Peter, an apostle who learns to be humble and faithful because he loves the Savior so passionately. The wisemen, scholars who spend years seeking Jesus- and rejoicing when they found Him.
I saw myself in each story I read- and I saw the experiences of my mission. And amid all these scriptures I found one common theme: CONVERSION. Lasting change :)
As they each let Christ into their story, they were changed. And you know why the change stuck?? Because of how they lived their life every day after that. Being on the final pages doesn't mean it's over. Each page counts! Lasting conversion comes from our commitment to live EACH DAY out of love for the Savior.
So I decided that even while my book is coming to a close, I'm going to work my hardest to keep the change I've found on my mission. To fight for my conversion- every single day.
I hope you all join me on that journey! It's worth it, I promise. So start now- today.
I love you all, have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty :)
![]() |
| thrifting with Sister Foster!! |
![]() |
| when no one shows up to your missionary meeting, lol |
![]() |
| CHUCK-FUL-A |
![]() |
the best trio ![]() |
![]() |
| my happy place- Barnes and Noble quite literally made my week :) |
![]() |
| helped this cute lady in our ward move her Christmas tree... I got to be at the end shoving it through the door while ornaments went EVERYWHERE! But it worked out, haha. |
![]() |
| - tracting!! |
![]() |
| tracting TREASURES! |
![]() |
| casually getting a stink bug out of our house... and locking ourselves out in the process, lol. But it's all good, Sister Meik broke through the window! |
![]() |
| I photobombed Sister Meik's picture and we got this gem! You're welcome :) |











Comments
Post a Comment