faith in the shattered moments 1/23/23
Hey everybody!!
So I'm just going to be real today. This area in my mission has really tested me. It seems like no matter how hard I work and no matter what I do I just can't reach my goals. And that is so hard for me. But I made a goal this week to not let this area beat me!
To go through unbroken. That's what I wanted to do.
About 2 days into my goal I talked to my mission president about it and the advice he had for me completely shattered me, to be honest.
Unbroken, another failed goal.
That was really hard for me to take, but I realized something about life- we won't go through it unbroken. And we're not meant to! It's DESIGNED to break us! Those shattered moments are what show who you are. In the midst of those trials you rise up and discover your courage.
We don't go through life unbroken, but our faith can be unshaken, our hopes can be high, and we can be happy on the journey.
Even in the shattered moments.
And after all, untried faith isn't much faith at all. These trials are where we get to decide where we will turn- toward or away from God.
When Oliver Cowdery struggled with doubt, the Lord blessed him for seeking truth in a righteous manner, "blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time."
(D&C 6:14)
So where are you at this time?? In a place of hope or a place of doubt?
I learned this week that even when we feel that we are living in doubt- the Savior has power to pull us out of it. Even if you're in the midst of your shattered moments, when life has broken you, you can choose to wash out doubt with hope. You can choose faith.
And THAT is what will make your faith unwavering. Choosing to have faith in the Savior even when you feel broken.
Because there is nothing too broken for Him to repair, nothing too shattered for Him to mend.
I love you all!! Have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty :)









.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment