a gospel of second chances :) Dec 5, 2022

 Hey hey everybody!! Hope yall are having the BEST day! 


This week was a little interesting at first to be honest. We kept having really good first conversations with people while street contacting, and then they would disappear and we would never see them again. It was crazy! It happened back to back like 7 or 8 times. I'm not even kidding, I would look away for a second and they would be gone. 

We walked away after one and I just said to my companions, "maybe we just need to learn that we only have one shot so we need to make it count" a few minutes later she walked by us again and we were able to give her a pamphlet with our information! Right when I saw her I felt the spirit whisper that this is not a one shot gospel. Jesus teaches second chances. And third. And fourth. And as many as we need, as long as we are trying. 

That has brought me so much peace!! To know that when my heart is in the right place God really can work with that. Even if I miss the first chance, He can give me another! 

I got to talk with Sister Humphreys, one of my cute past companions, and we caught up about what we have learned over the last few months. We talked about the Atonement, and how it really has the ability to heal!! To take things that once were broken and to make them whole. That power is so real. It's not just some vague concept, it is reality! 

I know that by Jesus Christ's Atonement, ANYTHING is possible. Relationships can heal, people can change, hope can be found- whatever the circumstance might be. His love and His forgiveness are perfect. I'm grateful I have been able to learn that lesson on my mission :)

I love you all and I hope you can feel the power of Christ's Atonement in your life this week! Pick one hard thing and make a plan to let Jesus into that problem- as you do I promise you will have more Jesus type love in your life. And that kind of love is what brings true happiness. It's real yall :)

LOVE YOUUU!!

♡ Sister Petty

Picturesss
- my cute friend sister judson :)
- I GOT TO SEE MY BESTIE SISTER COLLOTZI!!!
- mission pals :)
- shout out to the WVCM for helping me make these EPIC friends!
- matching socks
- best district
- MERRY CHRISTMAS but Alvin and the Chipmunk style :)
- we love Sister Lindahl! Especially when she gives us all the extra sandwiches from zone conference, hehe
- hiking dragons tooth! Where I think I broke my knee but no big deal...


my cute friend sister judson :)

I GOT TO SEE MY BESTIE SISTER COLLOTZI!!!

 mission pals :)

 shout out to the WVCM for helping me make these EPIC friends!

 matching socks

 best district

 MERRY CHRISTMAS but Alvin and the Chipmunk style :)

 hiking dragons tooth! Where I think I broke my knee but no big deal...


we love Sister Lindahl! Especially when she gives us all the extra sandwiches from zone conference, hehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23