no goodbyes with Jesus :) Nov 7, 2022

 Good MORNING wonderful people! I'm sending this out bright and early today because we're about to go help our members demolish a house- woop woop!


Buttt it's been a fantastic week :) we learned so much and had so many spirit filled lessons- I can't even tell you how much I love this work. I love Jesus Christ and I LOVE telling others about Him!! It's the most wonderful thing in the world.

But you know the hard part for me?? Thinking about goodbyes. I hate them. It's the WORST part of a mission- growing to love so many people and then leaving them! I'm not very good at it. 

We have transfers coming up this week and I've been a little nervous thinking I might leave Martinsville this week, I might leave my amazing companion, my ward, my friends here. I might have to say goodbye to all these things I love!! But then it hit me- I never have to say goodbye to the gospel.

The whole reason I've been able to love it here so much is because of the work I'm doing! And while there are MANY things in our lives we might have to sacrifice or give up, Jesus Christ is not one of them. We never have to say goodbye to Him, we never have to leave that joy. I'm forever grateful for that :)

So instead of getting down about all the goodbyes and sacrifices we make for Jesus, I'm going to start focusing on all the hellos and blessings! Because with Him there doesn't have to be any hurt. There can be joy, indescribable joy. And in the end, I'm not really sacrificing all that much because I got the greatest blessing and it never has to leave- JESUS :)

(P.S., what a coincidence that you got that blessing too!! Kinda cool)

LOVE YOU ALL!! Have a great week and please let me know if I can do anything for you, ok??

♡ Sister Petty :)

picture time!!


craft day with Chloe and neighbors!

 resisting the urge to break into the Hirshfelds house...


 icecream with the CUTEST Annamarie 

Ernest and his bunny, hehe (oh, they gave me a full snakeskin this week and it's EPIC)

our cute members brought us a Halloween dinner :)

we played a slapping tortilla game with a moldy tortilla. Worst smell of this week by FAR. 

 pumpkin heads pt. 2! This time Sister Collotzi broke hers while trying to pick up a frog that she thought was a rat and then she let it pee (a lot) in my pumpkin. And then she put it on my head. Fun day

pretty Virginia :)

 our frozen squirrel we tried to skin!

 and that's his head...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23