gradual miracles October 31, 2022

 Heyyy everybody!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Agh, I hope it's just the scariest spookiest week for yall in all the best ways, hahaha


But let me tell you- we saw SO many miracles this week :) it was amazing! There are so many people here in Martinsville that are coming closer to Jesus Christ- it makes my heart so happy!

The work here is going SO well, but I've been having a couple health issues lately that have put some obstacles in our path (nothing too serious- you don't need to worry!) But it's really made me think lately and I wanted to share some of the things I'm learning!

Right now I'm learning how to find healing through the Savior's Atonement. While I was struggling this week I discovered that focusing on others actually heals me!! Teaching and serving people helps me feel so much peace, even in the middle of this little trial! 

In "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" (Hymn #29, verse 5) it talks of a man who is wounded but takes the time to help another. In the process of helping, he finds healing for himself! I've always loved that verse, and I always thought the healing came immediately. I read through it the other day and I noticed the last lyric in a way I hadn't before; "I had myself a wound concealed, But from that hour forgot the smart, And peace bound up my broken heart."

It never says that the healing came immediately, only that he forgot the pain- it no longer troubled him! And through the process of helping he found peace for his soul :) I really love that. 

I firmly believe in miracles, but I also believe that there is a rhythm to them! Is a gradual miracle any less magnificent than an instantaneous one?? No! Gradual miracles allow us to fully appreciate God's power, they allow us to have faith in the process, and they allow us to walk a journey that leads to Jesus Christ. To His healing

Sometimes we want the big, instantaneous miracles- but I really think His whispers are more personal His shouts. They aren't for anyone else!! Just you 

Whatever trials you are facing- even if it feels like the healing will never come, I want you to know that it will! And it might come gradually, but it will come. Through Jesus Christ we can all be healed fully- miraculously! But even if we have to wait for the full healing- we can find the peace that will heal our souls right now. We don't have to wait :)

I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It's a literal thing, and it CAN help you!! Jesus Christ knows you and He is ready and willing to help. He loves you, and so do I!!

I hope you have a GREAT week- I'll talk to yall next Monday!

♡ Sister Petty :) 




THE BEST STLS EVER!!

Tina doesn't let us leave without taking a picture, haha. This week she got confused and thought Noah was the prophet that robbed the bank. Not sure which one she was thinking of, but it's all good


 cutie Evie

when Sister Collotzi drove me to the hospital after not driving for months :)

 HOURS at the ER, no big deal

 hayrides with the BEST people!

COOPER AND IZZY (my friends from Peterstown) GOT BAPTIZED!!! AGH IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM!! 

 pizza with the Hirshfelds 

 pumpkin carving- yay!

 the district :)



 cute lil roadkill squirrel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23