God just needs you to try ♡ November 21, 22
This week I learned that God does not expect perfection, which is good because I'm far from it!! ESPECIALLY this week.
It's been rough. On Monday I tested positive for covid and we spent half the week in quarantine, big bummer. During that time I thought it would be a good idea to put mattresses on the stairs and slide down (like princess diaries) which resulted in one of my companions getting whiplash and the other having back problems... and on top of it all I left my clothes in the dryer for 4 hours and now have a closet full of mini skirts and crop tops. Rip my wardrobe.
So when I look back at this week I'm tempted to say that I screwed it all up... but then I realize the miracles and I see that God was able to do His work, even through all those mistakes. I didn't get in His way :)
Despite our time locked in the apartment- we saw some HUGE miracles! My cute companion Sister Meik is here waiting on her visa to Jamaica. She's been praying to know that she is where God needs her to be, and this week we found a family to teach that had just moved here- from Jamaica!!! It was amazing. And my being sick didn't get in the way of us seeing that miracle, because our intent was in the right place! Our shortcomings were not a part of the equation.
We're human. We mess up. We get sick. But that doesn't stop God from using us :) If it did He wouldn't have that many people to work with, would He?? Our imperfections don't disqualify us from seeking Him, they're the very reason we need Him!
I was reading Matthew 26 this week and I read how even Jesus Christ's BEST FRIENDS fell short. After all He did for them, they slept through his hardest trial... but He wasn't mad. He knew their intent even though they fell short.
I know God sees our efforts- wherever we are it is never too late to try! Jesus Christ has been at our rock bottom, and He knows exactly how to help us out. Whatever you feel like you've done wrong, you never EVER ruined God's plan. There is always hope :) He can work miracles when you just try.
I love you all! Keep on praying out there- you've got this. Have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty :)
Picture time!! (Imma get better at taking these, haha)
-





Comments
Post a Comment