☆ ARISE ☆ Noveber 28, 2022

 Hi guys :) this week was so good, I can't even put it into words. But I'm gonna try!


The McCoy family (from Martinsville) got baptized this weekend- YAYYY!! I'm so happy for them! They shared their testimonies at the end and they were GLOWING! I'm grateful I got to be a part of their story and see the Lord's hand at work ♡

Another huge miracle was that the Vernon family we found last week came to church!! It was EPIC. They loved it and the ward loved them and it was just so exciting. We're so pumped for them to progress!

While those things are AMAZING, the biggest miracle of the week was when I realized where my happiness comes from- JESUS! Sometimes I get so focused on being happy for other people that I forget why I'm even happy in the first place! This week I learned that happiness comes because of Jesus Christ and nothing else :)

He is the whole reason we are happy, nothing else!! I felt that as we got to work this week- knocking on doors and finding no one should not be a happy experience, but with Jesus it is! We just need to keep our hope in Him. 

Today I was studying Jonah & 3 Nephi 11 and I realized a reoccurring theme- the word "arise". Jonah was called by God to arise, to be more than he currently was, and Jonah ran away. He sunk. The Nephites were called to arise, and they cast their eyes up for help. They met Jesus as He descended to their level- they looked heavenward and with Christ's help they became more :)

With Jesus, we rise. 

Every single invitation Jesus Christ gives, His whole gospel, is for the purpose of lifting us up! To His level. To be with Him. Because Jesus descends, we can arise. And that is my Jesus right there, one who comes to where I am and lifts me up to where He is. And shading the news of that Jesus, that is the reason I'm happy knocking on doors all day long. 

I know I'm not happy because of me. I'm happy because of the light of Jesus Christ that is in me. And it's in you as well- let that be your happiness. I

I hope this week you choose to rise! To be more with Jesus. You don't have to do it by yourself, Jesus will come to you. You got this- just know that this is the happiest path you can be on!! So don't give up :)

I love yall like CRAZY- hope you have the best week!

♡ Sister Petty

Pics!


 tracting photo shoot :)

Thanksgiving breakfast 

 turkey waffles!!

 Thanksgiving dinner with the CUTEST family

icecream for Sister Thorn's click day

 board contacting @ the park

 bishop made us snowcones in 40° weather, rip haha. Tasted good though!

 Jonas brothers who??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23