my personal God :) 10/24/22
Hey yall!! Hope you're all having a great week!
As for my week, we decided to take a break from the crazy excitement- no more breaking in and no more demons, woop woop! Only spiritual excitement here in Martinsville now :)
We found lots of new people to teach, and there were miracles with every single one of them!!-
☆ We found these sisters who's grandma had read them the Book of Mormon and they had always wondered more about it- CRAZY!
☆ We were led to this mom and daughter who had actually been taught before, and the missionaries only stopped teaching them because they spoke Spanish! In their lesson I didn't understand everything that was said, but I felt the spirit SO STRONG.
☆ We found a cute little deaf girl to teach, crazy because Sister Collotzi and I just happen to know ASL!
Among those miracles we were also to see some real progress in the people we have been teaching for a while! This cute little family we've been working with decided to come to church after the most AMAZING church tour! We all felt the spirit so strong, and it helped me remember the reason we go to church is to remember our personal & individual covenants with God
We're all facing hard things right now, and it might feel like no one understands our hard. It's easy to get caught up in the lie that we are alone in the hard thing. I promise that's not true :)
I've been having a hard time lately with the weight of my call. I just don't want to mess up! I want to do everything I can for those I serve- but I'm realizing that I am not enough alone. I can't even speak the same language as some of the people we teach, for goodness sake! But this verse stood out to me and I hope it helps you as well-
"the Lord shall give thee rest, from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve."
(2 Nephi 24:3)
The hard thing?? It's going to be okay. You can find rest in it. And if we really put in our all, God can and will work. And maybe that hard thing was necessary, maybe it helped you grow so you could become the instrument God needs. Whatever you're facing, remember that God is with you. Always.
I love you all! Have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty :)
-









Comments
Post a Comment