God is EPIC 10/10/22

 Heyyy everyone!! Hope yall had a GREAT week! This week has been EPIC. I loved every moment of it :)


I wish I could tell you all the miracles I saw this week, but there is not enough time in the day. It was seriously the most amazing week! I have felt so trusted by God in this area, He has sent the most amazing people into our path and it has been so humbling to be able to work with them :) I'll just tell you about a couple of them!

Our one friend Jody is the most amazing soul- we seriously love her so much! It was the craziest story of how we found her. A few weeks back we were looking for a member's house and got REAL lost. We ended up at this random house that I distinctly remember! I thought to myself, "we need to come back here and knock sometime". Well, a few days later, we met this cute lady at Walmart who invited us to come to her house! Guess what the house was?? The SAME EXACT ONE! I know God lead us to Jody, there's no other explanation! We have been able to see COUNTLESS miracles through her, one of them being that her dog has yet to kill us!! (Even though she's tried, hahaha) Jody tells us all the time that there is a reason we came into her life, and I know that's true :) 

We met another guy this week while we were hanging out in the alley! He happened to walk through RIGHT as we got there and we had the best conversation!! Turns out, he had just taken a trip to Ogden, Utah (where I'm from...) and was taking pictures of the temples there!! He said he has been really interested in religion lately and is looking for the true church! CRAZY!! It was on a day that we were really stressed because it felt like we had no time to get out and do missionary work... and it was amazing to see that God can work when we live the standards He has given us. 

This week sounds epic, and it really was!! But, for just a second, I got overwhelmed with all God has trusted us with- there is SO much to do in this area!! Sometimes I let missionary work feel like a weight. I feel like I can't take the load of all my friends... there's just so much to learn and do and become! The people I'm teaching still have a long way to go on the covenant path, and my journey isn't all that short either! 

One night I just lay awake in bed, stressing about all of it. I just SO BADLY didn't want to mess this up- there are too many good, promising souls here. Sometimes I don't know the perfect way to help them arrive at Christ's feet. And that's when it hit me- this path that seems so long ahead of me? Jesus Christ walked it. The weight I feel on my back with all the souls? He lifted it. He knows the PERFECT way. He has walked it, lifted it, lived it. And HE is the one helping my friends, not me. That made me feel so much better :)

God is so epic like that. 

So whatever weight you're dealing with right now, I promise you that Jesus Christ knows the way to lift it!! He knows your path, He's walked your path, and He's walking it with you again right now :) Turn to Him. It's worth it.

I LOVE YOU ALL!! Have a great week :)

♡ Sister Petty





 the McCoy's cute cats!!

Tea party with Chloe :)

 TACO BELL WITH MAMA HIRSHFELD 

we get a little bored in social media meetings...

 burnt a fake spider for my one year! Here are the remains.

we got stressed. So we read adjusting to missionary life while soaking our feet. Highly recommend. 

 pumpkin icecream :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23