turn to the lord in the good and the bad !! September 19, 2022
Hey yall!
This has been such a good one! And I'm so sorry- I'm out of time so I apologize if this makes no sense at all! But here we go anyway!
But this week we accidentally went to a concert... but then it worked out because we got to dance with these cute girls who said they were "very interested" in learning about our beliefs- yay!!
Oh, other miracle, I've been having these really bad constant headaches that NEVER go away (kind of the most annoying thing) but for some reason every time I teach someone my pain completely goes away! Isn't that so cool?? I think it's the best tender mercy ever :)
We had so many other good things, but I just want to share the biggest thing I learned with you- how to turn to the Lord in the good AND the bad times. Sometimes I focus on what we can do when things are hard, but lately I've been wondering what it looks like to lean on the Lord in your good moments too. And here's what I got: GRATITUDE!!
We don't just thank God for delivering us from the darkness, but also for delivering us into the light! Isaiah 25:8-9 says "He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces...Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation"
I just absolutely love that verse! The Lord will comfort us in our hard times, but the whole reason He wipes our tears is for us to focus on the good ahead!! It's okay to be glad, it's okay to rejoice. Turning to the Lord in our good and our bad times means to express gratitude for all the light He has brought into our lives :)
It means I can be grateful to not have a headache while I teach, even if it doesn't go away forever. I can choose to be happy!
Gratitude has made me so much happier, and I know it will do the same for you!!
I LOVE YOU ALL BEYOND MEASURE! Have the greatest week :)
♡ Sister Petty





Comments
Post a Comment