don't miss this work :) Sept 12,2022
HELLO AMAZING PEOPLE! How are yall doing?? Agh I just hope that life is treating you so well :)
This week has been exciting for sure! Just so many good moments and exciting things- we got to drive on the Martinsville Speedway (SO FUN), I sat on a bee, we went to some festivals, dealt with an awful spider that keeps making webs all across our front door, and met a guy who pretended to be the cookie monster then tried to bite my companion's hand off. So looking back on it I guess it was a pretty typical week.
You know what I learned this week?? Never EVER complain about not having enough time.
Earlier this week we were looking at our to do list and I just thought- there is no way. NO WAY we could get it all done! You know what happened right after that?? Literally back to back we received calls asking us to teach the District Council Lesson, speak at church on Sunday, and run the new mission facebook page (the previous six are being combined into one with us and another set of missionaries in charge) So our list went from long to impossible.
And the craziest thing happened- we did it! And then we accomplished some more :) I just realized that God can do His work, we just need to do our best. And then, like Brother Mann says, DO MORE!
We've been talking to our ward a lot lately about missionary work! I think one thing that holds us back from sharing the gospel is feeling like we don't have enough time. As I was thinking about that, this quote stuck out to me! "God always keeps His promises. The only variable is whether we have the faith to commit, obey, and expect miracles."
God doesn't need all your time, He needs all your heart. If you give it to Him, He can work with all the other details on your to do list. And then He can work some really amazing miracles that I PROMISE you don't want to miss out on :)
If you're not being a missionary right now- start! You don't need to be perfect, just try and then keep on trying. The work never stops, and I'm so glad because this work brings the GREATEST joy!! I just want all of you to feel that as well :)
So don't miss this work!! Get excited! There are so many good things to come :)
I love you all and hope you have the GREATEST week!!
♡ Sister Petty :)
![]() |
| famous Martinsville Speedway hotdogs, yayy |
![]() |
| famous Martinsville Speedway hotdogs, yayy |
![]() |
| RICHARD PETTY BENCH!!! I'm a celebrity :) |
![]() |
| a big chair, that's it. |
![]() |
| 75th anniversary of the SPEEDWAY! |
![]() |
Driving on the racetrack in our mission vehicle, woop woop! |






Comments
Post a Comment