where will you turn? Aug. 15, 2022

 Hi everyone! I hope yall are doing great :)


To be perfectly honest with you all, this week has been a bit on the rough side for me. It seemed to have a lot of lows, and I spent the majority of the time looking for the highs that just never seemed to show up.

One of our really progressing friends threw a Book of Mormon in my face this week and told us to leave. So that was rough. 

Through all our rejection and down moments I just felt like there HAD to be something good around the corner! A miracle waiting to happen at the next door we knocked on! But no... that wasn't the case this time. 

At first it was all really frustrating, but then I learned something really cool: following Jesus Christ is not easy. It's not supposed to be! Even Jesus says "if they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you." (John 15:20) Jesus Christ told us that we would be blessed for following Him, but that does NOT mean it will make our lives easier.

I was reading this week in John 6 and it tells of Christ's followers who become confused and offended at the things He taught. Because of these feelings, many of them turn back and refuse to follow Him again. Jesus turns to the others and asks if they will also leave Him, to which Peter replies "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God."

I saw some people turn their back this week. It was really hard. But one thing I learned is that I will never turn mine.

Watching others abandon Jesus Christ and His gospel made me realize that I never want to take that same path. It reaffirmed my faith and testimony in Him and, like Peter, I don't know where I would turn without Him. I am sure that He is the Christ.

So after studying and praying, I decided that this week of lows was actually an amazing week. Those moments where people laugh at your beliefs or even throw a Book of Mormon in your face? Those are the BEST moments! They're the moments we get to stand up and stand by our Savior Jesus Christ :)

I feel so incredibly grateful that I am trusted with the task of defending my Savior! And you know what's cool?? YOU ARE TOO!! You have an opportunity every single day to do something that shares His love. You just have to take it. 

I really hope you take those chances this week. Then you can tell me about them! Yay!

I love you all so much!! I hope you have a GREAT week!

♡ Sister Petty :)

PICTURES!


- bathroom selfie with the Merrills, so fun!


 our cute little member friend :)

 happy little walks, yay!

 SO. MUCH. GREEN.

more Tammy & Ernest dolls!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23