we believe in a limitless jesus August 1, 2022
HI EVERYONE!! Happy August!
This week has been just amazing, seriously. I can't put it into words. I have seen so many miracles and so many tender mercies, I am just blown away by the goodness of God.
But one stand out story was getting our friends a ride to church!
We had tried EVERYONE- and nobody could take them. We worked all day long and asked every single person we could think of, pretty much the entire Martinsville Ward. No luck.
By the end of the day on Saturday I just felt defeated. We had some friends that wanted to come to church, but we couldn't help them! I was just so sad! So we prayed and prayed and I just felt like maybe we should ask their son... who I happened to be friends with on Facebook! So I texted him! AND... he didn't answer. Big letdown.
I felt like I had done EVERYTHING in my power, and now it was up to God. I decided go turn it over to Him.
We said one last prayer before heading to bed, and right as my companion said "amen", we got a text. THEIR SON SAID HE COULD DRIVE THEM!!! It was right at 10:29pm, the most last minute ride I have ever found. But I kid you not when I say I literally jumped for joy. That was the best feeling! GOD HAD COME THROUGH! In a time where I literally couldn't do anything else :)
I just know that God's power is real. Even though they ended up sleeping in and not coming to church... I know it was a miracle and a tender mercy that we were able to find them a ride! Sometimes the miracles we see don't go exactly the way we want them to... but that doesn't make them less of a miracle! I'm working on noticing God's hand in my life, regardless of the final result.
This week when I tried to narrow down what I've learned for this email, I realized I was putting God in a box and trying to make Him fit into my perfect paragraph.
But God has encompassed all that I have ever needed and will ever need Him to be! My Jesus is limitless, and I don't want to put Him in a box anymore :) I know He can work miracles, but then it's up to my agency if I will accept them. That goes for you as well! Will you put limits on what God can do in your story?? You decide :)
I sure love you all! I hope you have a GREAT week!!
♡ Sister Petty :)
pics :)




Comments
Post a Comment