grateful for the extraordinarily ordinary :) August 8, 2022
Hi friends!
Can I tell you a miracle from this week?? Yeah? Ok, great.
I've been trying this new thing lately to help me stay focused in my prayers. Before I start to pray I write down all the things I want to talk to Heavenly Father about.
One night I just felt like I needed so many things! I wrote a page long list of all the things I needed from God, but then I had the strongest feeling that I should say a grattitude prayer instead. So I did :)
Let me tell you, it was really hard to take my list of needs and find the grattitude in them, but after a minute I started to realize that God has given me so much more than I could ever think to ask for! He was all over my "I need" list, even when I didn't notice it. There were miracles happening all around me and I just needed to take a second to open my eyes and see them :)
I read in Mormon 9 this week, where Moroni testifies of a God of Miracles. Verse 17 really stuck out to me: "Who shall say that it was not a miracle that by his word the heaven and the earth should be; and by the power of his word man was created of the dust of the earth; and by the power of his word have miracles been wrought?"
I just loved this verse. "Who shall say that it was not a miracle"- my new favorite line! I'm going to be quoting it to myself everyday :) I know that God is working. He is a God of Miracles, and you can see His greatest miracle everyday when you look in the mirror! Sometimes I forget that the mere fact that we exist is a miracle, but it absolutely is! Isn't it amazing?
Ok, one more quote... "You can't begin to imagine anything greater than what already is... More phenomenal than resurrection is birth... More amazing than raising the dead is that we live at all... How can you believe in extraordinary things such as angels and gold plates and your divine potential? Easy. Just look around and believe." (-Lawrence E. Corbridge, "Stand Forever")
There is so much extraordinary in the things we deem to be ordinary. When you notice and thank Heavenly Father for those things, I know that you will have more happiness in your life.
Try it this week! Prove me wrong :)
Love yall to pieces!
♡ Sister Petty
PICTURESSS
-
![]() |
| Just Sister Anger casually throwing up :) |
![]() |
| MY SNAKE FRIEND GHOST! |
![]() |
| caught in a rainstorm :) |
![]() |
| Tammy and Ernest and some good looking dolls they gave us! |
![]() |
| Kathy gave us 3D printed roses! |
![]() |
| cute Sister Gormley! She's teaching me how to play rugby and now I'm gonna try out for the BYU team- YAY! |
![]() |
| CHLOE!! |
![]() |
| Exchanges :) |








Comments
Post a Comment