one step enough July 25, 2022
HELLO EVERYBODY!! I hope you're having a great day :)
I have been absolutely loving Martinsville lately, and all the people here! I'm still adjusting from middle of nowhere Peterstown, though... I had to give a talk in church yesterday and the 50 people in the congregation felt like a stadium compared to what I've been used to! So when I finally go back to Utah it's going to feel REAL strange, hahaha.
I also am not ready to drive on these roads... seriously! They're crazy! There are stoplights and multiple lanes and OTHER CARS! It's too much for me. I've been riding passenger my whole time here, hahaha.
But for real, Martinsville is just so awesome! We had a couple of AMAZING lessons this week with our friends who are working towards baptism! We were doing a workshop to help one of them stop smoking, and as we went over all the steps for giving up cigarrettes, both he and his wife commented on how grateful they were to at least have coffee. They could rely on that to help them through... so I was a little worried to bring up the next step of no coffee, hahaha
We told them that in order to stop smoking and to be baptized they would both need to give up coffee. Our friend, without hesitating, poured his coffee out right over the porch. It was SO funny, but at the same time such a huge lesson! If we know where we want to be, and we know what's in the way, why don't we do something about it??
I've been learning a lot this week about taking things one step at a time. It's easy to feel like there are a million things to do, and that makes it so hard to pick one! But when we just take the first step, another one will come. We might not know the exact path, but we can trust that God does and that He is indeed leading us down it :)
So when you feel like you're not doing enough, or there are other more important steps you should be taking, just remember that this is the path God has you on. He just needs you to take the step in front of you. Just let that first step be enough.
I love you all, but not even close to how much I know God loves you.
Have a great week!
♡ Sister Petty
![]() |
| - Our favorite exhibit :) |
![]() |
| - When Chloe did my hair, yayyy |
![]() |
| - Then I did hersss |
![]() |
- DINO FEST!! |
![]() |
- frog catchin days buddy ![]() |








Comments
Post a Comment