☆ expect miracles ☆. June 13, 2022

Guess what yall!! I'm writing this from the ER- AGAIN!! Crazy life, huh?? 


This time we're chilling though, I just have to hang out and fill out some paperwork :) So you get another ER email, yay!! 

We had a couple of victories this week! Our friend Lisa LOVES the Word of Wisdom and sings about it all the time, hahaha. It was NOT what I expected, but totally awesome!

We also had a couple of losses this week, though... about half of our friends we are teaching told us they are not interested in the gospel. That HURT. It was so sad to see the people I love choose not to accept the thing that has brought me SO much happiness! 

I had a really hard time with it at first. I kept thinking back to President Nelson telling us to "expect miracles", and I felt like that was exactly what I was doing! If I was expecting miracles and had the faith that they would happen, then why aren't they happening??

That's when I learned something- we can seek and expect miracles, but we don't get to choose the miracle. We don't get to force God's hand! We just have to trust that His plan is greater than our own, and that He is looking out for our happiness!!

Sometimes I try to tell God how things should work, I try to tell Him what the best plan is, the best way to make everyone happy. But that's not really how it works... When we realize that God truly does know best, and that He is actively working in our lives, life gets a lot less stressful, and a lot happier :)

I know that God is working miracles in your life right at this moment, but they might not be the ones you are expecting!! Just trust they are the ones God intended. We never know what the future has in store, but one thing we do know is that God is in that future. And to me that is enough.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I hope you have the bestest week of all time, and I hope it is filled with miracles :)

♡ Sister Emma Petty





The one and only Brittle :)

My friend Lefty John right there

My pal Sister G!

Saying bye to President and Sister Newman :(

Buckhannon gang gang at TriZone Conference!!

When the entire district decided to come check out our damaged car!

Are you sick of my firefly pictures yet?? I'm not :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23