a church of individuals ♡ July 18, 2022
Hey hey everybody! And happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend and that you are just so stoked for the wonderful week ahead of you :)
This week has sure been a busy one for us! Something I forgot to mention last week is that I am actually a social media leader now! And I think I got that call because of my negative attitude towards social media... but it's okay because I'm learning to love it! And I'm learning how important it is to find in the Savior's way, not just my preferred way :) What I used to think was a waste of time (and I let my trainer know it, sorry Sister Garrison) has proved to be one of the most effective ways to find the people searching for Jesus Christ! We have been able to see SO MANY miracles this week as we have put our best efforts into every moment, even on Facebook!
One miracle was our friend Tammy :) She has been taught off and on for MONTHS, and we started talking to her on Facebook and then went over this week to meet with her and... SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED! Turns out she has been praying about baptism for a while and she feels like she needs to be baptized into the church. It was the coolest thing ever! It made me realize that we are not the ones working here, it's the spirit!! We can trust that the spirit is always working in people's lives, and we just need to follow the promptings we get so we can help with the work. Also take Facebook seriously, haha.
As we have been teaching people this week I have been thinking about how we are a church of individuals, not a church of masses. I had a friend tell me once that she liked our church because we have empty seats. Because we worry more about the people that are in them.
I know that's what Jesus cares about, too. He cares about our hearts being filled, not just the seats in the church. He cares about the one :)
I hope you all know how much Jesus loves you! He is aware of you, He knows you, and He truly truly loves you :)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK YALL!
♡ Sister Emma Petty
![]() |
| cute lil car show :) Yes, everyone asked if I was related to Richard Petty. |
![]() |
| our neighbor stopped us and made us take all their extra BBQ, haha |
![]() |
| -just your usual hot and humid walk! |
![]() |
| CHOCOLATE SHOP! |




Comments
Post a Comment