Hello hello everyone! Thanks for tuning in to "how did Sister Petty embarrass herself this week?" Well let me tell you! I said the prayer at a dinner appointment and expressed my gratitude for Sally feeding us. There was a really long, uncomfortable silence afterwards, and it wasn't until Sister Humphreys told me in the car that I realized her name was actually Annie. That was a low point for me.
But now let me tell you about the high!! This week we met with a cute little widow in our ward, and she was soooo sweet. I decided to share the story of the Widow's Mite with her (the one in Mark 12) and I shared the General Conference talk "Our Heartfelt All" by Elder Uchtdorf. I didn't think too much about it, until yesterday!!
She got up in church and said that it had so blessed her to have us come visit. She had read through the talk multiple times, and the story of the poor widow just melted her heart. It made her realize that she was heard and valued, and that what she had to offer was enough! That Jesus can magnify us :)
It was so cool to see that God had given us the exact words she needed to hear!! I know that God loves each and every one of us, and that He has a plan so perfect and intricate, and we can't begin to understand the future He has in store for us!
He knows YOU specifically, and He will send you the help you need! And, sometimes, He will send you as the help. Oh, what a wonderful experience it is to be that help. You might not always see the impact you have on others, but I PROMISE you it is there!!
Because Jesus can magnify us, you are enough. Isn't that amazing??
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER!! Remember how amazing and special yall are, okay?? Love ya tons!
♡ Sister Emma Petty
PICTURES!!!
 |
| An awesome text we got from Harry :) |
 |
| We love rainy tracting days!!!! |
 |
| Guess what the only edible thing is on these cupcakes?? You got it! THE SPRINKLES! |
 |
| Squad picture with Jenny and Brother Mann!!! |
 |
| So... I'm learning to cook! But not very well, hahaha |
 |
| I. Love. Horses. |
 |
| Hiking with Bill and Cherad! |
 |
| So... they definitely filmed Dirty Dancing here. I'm in love |
Okay don't kill me but I have more pictures, hahaha
 |
| Patrick Swayze Rock!! |
 |
| Cute picture!! Just don't ask me how we got up there... |
 |
| I carried a watermelon! YUH! |
 |
| NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!! (That's her cabin, haha) |
 |
We got the car stuck :)
|
Comments
Post a Comment