Let Go and Let God :) Feb 14, 2022

 Happy love day everybody! I hope it is going so great, and I hope yall know how much I love you :) if you're reading this right now, just know you are so loved, ok??


Anyway, enough mushy stuff, let me talk about myself for a minute! We got a new car this week! Which was really good because I ran into a hill with the last one, haha.

Do you guys want to hear a really funny story that my parents don't think is that funny?? Ok deal I'll tell you. I keep passing out! Only for a second or two, but it's still pretty funny! My legacy here in Buckhannon is going to be 'that one sister missionary who was actually a fainting goat', haha. 

They had me go to the doctor and do a bunch of tests, and the solution to my problem is going to blow your mind! Eat a handful of pretzels every day. That's it. I just gotta eat more salt guys, don't even worry.

But anyway, I learned a lot of really cool lessons this week! More than just "if you start to pass out and you wack your head hard enough on the cabinet it will stop you from falling to the floor"! Even though that was a really important lesson to learn :)

In a meeting this week someone said "if you go home the same person that you came out, you have failed." That really hit me. I started realizing that this whole time I have been holding on to a certain version of me, and I was scared of change. Scared of growth. 

I thought of this sticker that Sister Garrison had and it says "Let Go and Let God". I never asked her about it, and I never understood it. But in that moment, I started to! I need to let go of my own will, my own plans, my own flaws, my own idea of how my life will go. I need to let go of those things, and let God in. Let God prevail. That might not be the same meaning she had, but it's the meaning that struck me. 

God is ready to fight our battles, we just have to let Him. Let Him take the burden off your back, let Him guide you! He knows the path and He can safely lead you. Just trust Him! Maybe this week you can think about how much you trust God, and what you can do to let Him in.

I hope some of that made sense, if not just remember this: GOD LOVES YOU. If you feel alone, know that He is there. He is weeping with you. You are NEVER alone. And I'm here for you as well :)

Have a great week guys! I reckon I love yall a whole bunch!

-Emma

Here's some pictures!
1) a cool hike we went on with ICE!!!
2) VALENTINES YUH
3) burger King after service :) they gave us free sweatshirts because we didn't bring coats, haha. They're so soft!!
4) when I almost burnt the apartment down with a poptart
5) a meme my comp made :)

a cool hike we went on with ICE!!!

VALENTINES YUH

 burger King after service :) they gave us free sweatshirts because we didn't bring coats, haha. They're so soft!!



when I almost burnt the apartment down with a poptart

 a meme my comp made :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23