ISN'T IT SO COOL THAT WE KNOW ABOUT JESUS?! Mar 14, 2022
You like that my titles have nothing to do with my emails?? Ya, me too, haha.
But great day in the morning, y'all!! I hope this week was fan-flipping-tastic!! It sure was for me :)
I am definitely getting used to life here in Peterstown West Virginia!! I finally (this morning) finished unpacking!! My companions were shocked when I continued to pull sweaters and books out of my suitcase, but what can I say? I'm just a packing WIZARD! (Actually, Sister Knoll and I are really just good at jumping on suitcases to make things fit, haha)
But anyway! We've met a bunch of super cool people this week! One guy we met is named "Smooth", or at least that's what he said his name was... He told us that the only thing keeping him alive was weed and moonshine! I tried to argue that it was really Jesus keeping him going every day, but he didn't agree with that answer. Oh well. He's still really nice, he even offered us some of his homemade moonshine, but we passed this time.
This area is honestly so cool! It's such a small branch, but everyone cares so much about the work!! They are all so involved in helping the missionaries, and they want to do everything they can to share the gospel!! We have, like, half the branch show up to our lessons, and they have the most amazing testimonies! I just sit back and watch the spirit fill the room as the words flow out of their mouths.
Before I was a missionary I don't think I understood the power that my simple testimony held, but the lessons this week have shown me that God will help ANYONE share the gospel. When you share what you know and do it in a loving way, the spirit will show people that your words are true. It doesn't matter if it comes out flawless or if you stumble through every sentence. God can work with our imperfections :)
1 Corinthians 1:21 says "it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." I'm so glad to know that God can work a masterpeice even through my wonky looking, oddly tuned instrument, and I know that He can work through you as well!! You just need to have the courage to open your mouth :)
I love yall so much, I can't even tell you!! I'm just sitting here smiling as I write this email! HOW AWESOME THAT WE KNOW WHO WE ARE AND WHERE WE ARE GOING!?! I am beyond grateful, and beyond grateful to share that knowledge! I really hope you share it too! Let me know if you need help with where to start :)
Love you guys! Talk to you later!
![]() |
| SO. MANY. DOGS. Throwback to Buckhannon for sure! (Except this time I didn't have to walk them all at once, haha) |
![]() |
| the cake we made for Elder Henry's birthday!! It took us FOREVER! |
![]() |
| the roadkill that Sister Humphreys and I told Sister Smith we would NOT pick up for her. I love her a lot, but that racoon was GROSS. |
![]() |
Smooth and his moonshine :) |




Comments
Post a Comment