I hope something good happens to you today :) Jan 21, 2022

 Hi everyone! Welcome back to how I made a fool of myself- AGAIN!


This week we were at a dinner appointment and they brought up hunting. This guy mentioned that he was out looking for "deer signs" and I said "Wow! That's such an interesting way to hunt! You just look for the deer crossing signs?"

That was the moment that I lost all respect from the people in West Virginia. And from my little brother. It was a low point. Oh well, you live and you learn, right??!

This week we also had an AWESOME lesson with our friend Kadeen!! He's 10 years old and he told us that he wants to be a missionary someday! Isn't that so cool?! It made me so happy, haha.

Some of our other friends had a pretty rough week, though. It's hard to be on the outside of people's trials and feel like there's no way to help. One thing that helped me so much this week was realizing that my 18 months is a very small part of someone's eternity. Everyone I love is in the hands of someone who is much mightier than I am. I don't have to solve the entire problem, I can just do the best I can!! In the end it comes down to Him, and I know that He will NEVER forsake us. 

I read the talk "I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee" by Thomas S. Monson, and it was SOOO good! Like seriously, drop what you're doing and go read that talk. But I just wanted to share the poem in it because I loved it :) Here you go!

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.

Just know that His divine plan is for you and your loved ones to become strong trees. He won't cheat you out of an experience to grow, so use every second of it!! Know that His timing is always perfect, for you and those around you. Whatever you're going through now, know that I am so excited to see the tree you will become :)

Have a GREAT week, yall! Love you to death!

-Emma

Oh ya! Pictures :)

pepperoni rolls pt 2! Sister Knoll edition:)

the time Sister Knoll and I ran up a hill covered in ice because our car couldn't get up it. Grand old time, haha

Charitty did my hair at church, what do you think??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lasting discipleship 10/2/2022

☆ simply cheerful ☆ 1/9/23

towards the light 2/20/23