Hi hi everybody!! I hope that you are all doing great :) And I hope you are ready for a TON of pictures at the end of this email, hahaha
I just want to start this email by telling you a story... When I first got my call my brother told me that I would be serving in a place with more cows than people. I thought that would be AWFUL and it was honestly my biggest nightmare (because I really really love people!) He had to be joking, right? Wrong. I found my biggest nightmare, it is Peterstown West Virginia.
I'm just kidding! (Mostly, haha) I'm actually so happy to be here, but it is a crazy small town!! Like, literal boonies!! We have one stoplight in my entire area, the nearest Walmart is half an hour away, and the church is actually a house with exactly six pews. But guess what? I absolutely LOVE it. Very different from Buckhannon, but I love it in a very different way :) Oh, also! We live inside a statefarm :) Just thought you would want to know that, haha.
This week was a ROLLERCOASTER for me, with so many highs and so many lows!! I realized that every single point of that rollercoaster was necessary, though! Leaving Buckhannon broke my heart, but I am so grateful that I had given it my heart to begin with! It only hurt because I loved the people so much. In 4ish months I met some of the most influencial people in my life, and I couldn't be more grateful for those experiences.
Today I was reading in Mosiah 18 and it is talking about the place 'Mormon'. This was a special place for so many people, because it is where they gained a relationship with their Savior Jesus Christ. Verse 30 says "how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever." That is how I feel about Buckhannon. It is where I came to know Jesus Christ, and I got to see so many others come to know Him as well. It will forever hold a special place in my heart, as will the people I grew to love there.
Buckhannon forever has a peice of my heart, but I can't wait to give my heart to Peterstown to have it broken all over again!
I hope today you can reflect on WHEN you first came to a knowledge of your Redeemer. How has that changed you? I know it has changed me, and I am forever grateful at the person Jesus is helping me become :)
I love yall so much, and I hope you know Jesus loves you too!! He will never EVER leave you, he will never ever judge you! He's in it with you and you can do it. Don't give up!!
Talk to you soon!!
-Emma
PICTURES!
Comments
Post a Comment