 |
| walking to church with Sis. G and Charitty! |
 |
| Buckhannon :) |
 |
| - COUNTRY ROADS! |
 |
| trunk or treat with Kim and Sister Garrison |
Hi guys!!
First off, I remembered a subject line this time!! You're welcome!
Second, the last day at the MTC I had a couple of people tell me how important it is to write emails back home, so I guess I'm gonna start doing that more often!
And let me just tell you, I LOVE west virginia!! I'm in Buckhannon right now, which everyone has told me is the best area and the best ward in the whole mission, so I'm mega excited!! John Denver wasn't lying about almost heaven- I never want to leave! But here's been my experience so far:
Our first morning here all of the new missionaries were eating breakfast together at the hotel and some dude walked in saying he would love to have a Bible study with us sometime. He was super nice and friendly, until he started trying to Bible Bash with us all. I looked over at the AP missionary, who just smiled and said "Welcome to West Virginia"
So that's how it started, yall! So buckle up for the next 18 months for some exciting stories! And to hear my West Virginian accent slowly start to develop, I reckon.
When I got to my area my companion and I went to meet up with our friend Charitty. She is so awesome!! We've met with her almost every day and she loves learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ! She felt a little weird about meeting me at first because she really loved the missionary that was here before me, Sister Malu. I think she's warming up to me though!
Speaking of Sister Malu, EVERYONE in the ward loved her so much! Also on my first day I met one of the ward members, Sister Zircle. She was standing in her yard, and when she saw me she ran into her house and stood by the door. She asked me if I wanted to hear the poem she wrote, and I said of course! Here's how it went:
Rose's are black when they die,
Violets are too.
You're not Sister Malu,
So goodbye to you.
And then she slammed the door in my face. I had no idea how to respond, so I just laughed awkwardly, haha. But don't worry guys! It was just a prank!! She's actually super cool!
But I've definitely loved my mission so far! The scenery is awesome, country roads are BEAUTIFUL, but the best part is 100% the people. I've met so many cool people already and I can just see how much God loves each one of them, and I know he loves each one of you as well :)
I hope you all have a GREAT week and can look for the little miracles in your life :) If you can, go listen to "Walking Miracles" by Matthew West. It's such a good song and a good reminder that God is in every part of our lives!! LET HIM PREVAIL!
Love yall!
-Sister Petty
 |
| airport with Sister Slade and Sister Charlton |
Comments
Post a Comment